It wasn’t one of the highest moments for Bush’s staff. The teenager was 16 year old Vifill Atlason. Though Atlason doesn’t claim to remember where he got the private number to reach George W. Bush, he says he had had it for a few years before he made the call in 2007 to ask for a private meeting.
A White House spokesperson claimed that Atlason had dialed the main switchboard for the West Wing; but that turned out to be false. Atlason had successfully passed through several of the necessary levels of security ensuring he was genuine by reading the Wikipedia page of Icelandic President Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson.
Atlason never made it to Bush, though, because he was discovered before then. Bush’s secretary told Vifill to expect a call from the President, but instead the Icelandic police showed up at his home and interrogated him for several hours.
Atlason eventually became a local hero, and claims that if he ever got Bush on the phone, he would have just wanted to have a chat with him and invite him to Iceland.http://bit.ly/KZo1zb
- messrrjlupin reblogged this from omgfactsofficial
- dampio reblogged this from omgfactsofficial
- lostmytardiskey likes this
- meepycreepy likes this
- lettersiarrange reblogged this from omgfactsofficial
- astra360 reblogged this from omgfactsofficial
- astra360 likes this
- zemagne likes this
- morfeo-ferran likes this
- turtkko likes this
- originalevol reblogged this from omgfactsofficial
- 42lotr1984andkrzyness likes this
- mavericksurfshop likes this
- devolinooo likes this
- frogsprite likes this
- omgfactsofficial posted this